CBSE class 10 science paper 2018 was conducted today on March 16, 2018.
The question paper was divided into two parts A and B and there were total 27 questions.
Part A had 21 questions and skill-based Part B, had 6 questions.
- Question no. 1 and 2 were of 1 marks each.
- Question number 3 – 5 were of 2 marks each.
- Question number 6 to 15 were of 3 marks each.
- Question no 16 – 21 were of 5 marks each.
Total Marks: 68
- In this section, there were total six questions each carrying 2 marks.
- All these questions were based on practical skills.
Total Marks : 12
Marking Scheme for CBSE Class 10 Science Paper 2018
|Chapter Name||Weightage in terms of marks (2017)||Weightage in terms of marks (2018)|
|Light Reflection and Refraction||21||10|
|Human Eye and Colourful World||6||5|
|Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||0||5|
|Sources of Energy||1||1|
|Chemical Reactions and Equations||–||3+2* = 5|
|Acids, Bases and Salts||1*||3|
|Metals and Non-metals||1*||5+2* = 7|
|Carbon and its compounds||1+3+3+5+1*+2* = 15||2+3 = 5|
|Periodic Classification of Elements||3+3=6||5|
|Control and Coordination||0||3|
|How do Organisms Reproduce?||17||10|
|Heredity and Evolution||13||1|
|Management of Natural Resources||7||3|